I felt that my Melbourne Malanka dress required a little more support, so I decided to add an internal corset. I’ve previously posted instructions on how to add an internal corset to a dress with princess seams, which is a lot easier. The problem I faced with this dress was that the contour was added with a series of darts rather than seams. This post details the steps I took to create a corset pattern from a form-fitting dress with two central darts at the front & a combination of princess seams & darts at the back. Whilst this is what I did for the Vogue pattern V2720, you could use similar techniques on a different pattern.
Since making Greg's shirt, I've been inspired to make a few more projects for him this year. I promised him I'd have a look around for some patterns & if he liked any of them I'd add them to my list of things I'd like to make this year. Then I hit a wall. I … Read more
This year the theme for Melbourne Malanka was 'Carnival', like the circus or fun fair. Originally I was feeling flowy vibe for Malanka, I wanted something that would just drift across the room on the faintest of breezes. But then the theme for Malanka was announced & I also realised that I'd have to deal … Read more
This is the dress I made to wear Geelong Malanka last night. I bought the sequined & embroidered lace when I was in Shenzhen last August. Given the fairly ostentatious design of the lace I wanted to have something fairly simple, so I went with as 60s style mini shift dress.
Last week I cut out my Melbourne Malanka dress & then honestly, I couldn't be bothered doing anymore. I just had no motivation to embark upon a project with massive hidden construction details. Worse still I need to work out how each of those construction details will actually work, because none of them were included … Read more
Merry Christmas everyone! Today is Christmas Day for Greg's family. I managed to finish his new shirt earlier this week, (the wonders of holidays), & so he decided to wear it to Christmas lunch today. I'm really happy with how it turned out. Here's all the usual details; Pattern used: Colette NegroniFabric used: 'Space Invaders' … Read more
I finished off Greg's practice shirt & Greg kindly agreed to model his new shirt here on my blog. He took great delight in replicating all the classic menswear campaign 'looks'. Not so sure about the last one… I'm quite happy with how the practice one turned out. I'm particularly happy with some of the … Read more