Anda Top Complete (Finally!)
I’ve been pretty busy working on my BurdaStyle Book project over the last couple of weeks, so haven’t had a lot of time for much else. Unfortunately I can’t post any photos of what I’m working on, so you’ll just have to wait a little longer.
I did finally muster up enough motivation to finish off my Anda top though. Now that it’s finished I’m really happy with it, but it was a lot more work than I bargained for. I didn’t get dressed up in the top because it’s winter in Melbourne & I didn’t feel like getting cold (yes I know I’m a sook).
used: Butterick 5896
used: Silk Cotton Blend, Darn Cheap Fabrics Glenhuntly, (left over fabric strips from my watermelon shorts were used as binding for the sleeves).
I like: Now that it’s finished. The fabric, it’s SO soft & light. It’s going to be awesome in the hot, humid weather in Malaysia & Hong Kong. The little bits of watermelon short fabric. Yeah it looks a little bit remenanty, but I really like how it makes the top + shorts outfit look cute & playful & a little like a playsuit.
like: The elastic waist band sits a little high, before you ask, yes I could unpick it & lower it, the issue is that I don’t have the patience. So it’s staying where it is. Until the height of it annoys me more than the prospect of having to unpick & sew this fabric again. Yeah, it might be a while.
I’m hoping to finish my book project this weekend, and then I’ll be back on track for more travel sewing!